NIFT Result 2020: The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) will release the NIFT 2020 result. The NIFT 2020 is a national level entrance examination which is conducted at various centers all across the country. The NIFT 2020 exam was conducted on 19th January 2020 for the screening of candidates for admission to different programmes. NIFT 2020 will offer around 3590 seats in the Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B. F.Tech) and Bachelor of Design (B. Des) programmes combined.
The NIFT 2020 entrance exam comprises of three stages – Creative Ability Test (CAT), General Ability Test (GAT), which were held earlier and Situation Test scheduled to be held in the April/May 2020. Candidates aspiring for admission to Bachelor of Fashion Technology course are required to appear for GAT only. While the official answer key of NIFT 2020 has already been released by the institute, the NIFT 2020 result for the written test(s) s expected to be announced in the month of March. The final NIFT result 2020 after the conduct of the Situation Test will be announced in the month of May/June. Aspirants are advised to bookmark this page and visit it regularly to receive timely updates about NIFT result 2020.
Table of Contents
NIFT 2020 Important Dates
|NIFT 2020 online application start date||23rd October 2020|
|Last date to fill the NIFT 2020 application form||31st December 2020|
|Last date to fill the NIFT 2020 application form with late fee||4th January 2020|
|NIFT 2020 Application correction window||1st to 4th January 2020|
|NIFT 2020 admit card (Released)||10th January 2020|
|NIFT entrance test 2020 (GAT & CAT)||19th January 2020|
|Raise objection for the written test||22nd to 24th January 22 to 24 2020|
|NIFT result 2020 for CAT/GAT||Feb/March 2020*|
|Registration for NIFT 2020 situation test||March/April 2020*|
|Situation Test/Group Discussion/Interview||April/May 2020*|
|Declaration of NIFT 2020 final result (online)||May/June 2020*|
|Registration for counselling process (round 1)||Last week of May 2020*|
NIFT Result 2020
NIFT Result 2020 for Bachelor of Design (B.Des) programme will be released in the month of March. The shortlisted students for Bachelor of Design (B.Des) admission will have to appear for situation test, the registration for which will start from the fourth week of March to the first week of April. The final result will be announced in May/June. For B.FTech admission, GAT is the final exam for selection.
How to Check NIFT 2020 Result?
Step 1 – Visit the official website of NIFT. (https://nift.ac.in)
Step 2 – Click on the ‘NIFT result 2020’ tab.
Step 3 – Students have to enter the following details- Roll number and DOB
Step 4 – Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Step 5 – The result will display on the computer screen.
NIFT Cutoff 2020
The cutoff is the minimum marks that have to be scored by a student for seeking admission in NIFT campuses. The cutoff is determined by the NIFT participating institutions and it will vary across the NIFT campuses. The cut off will be calculated on the basis of the difficulty level of the exam, the number of available seats and the number of students appearing in the exams. Students who qualify the minimum score criteria as per the NIFT cut off 2020 will be called for the counselling process. The final allotment around the various NIFT campuses might vary as per the Common Merit Rank or CMR.
The details of counselling viz. the mode, dates, and procedure will be available on the official website of NIFT in the month of June / July 2020. Students are advised to regularly check the official website of NIFT for further information. Only the original certificates, except the medical certificate, will be returned to the student after verification.
Required Certificates for NIFT Counseling
- Original certificates of qualifying examination i.e. 12th class/degree (marks Sheet and Certificate).
- Bank Draft of requisite fee in favour of “NIFT HO” has to be bought. The name of the student, date of counselling, the name of the program, phone no., Category, Rank and Roll Number is to be mentioned at the back of Bank Draft.
- Proof of DOB or Date of Birth (Secondary School Mark Sheet & Certificate) (Original and Photocopy).
- SC/ST/OBC – Non-Creamy/PWD (supported with requisite Certificate). For State Domicile seats the status of domicile will be decided by the address of school/college (qualifying degree) last attended, whichever applicable.
- Basis of funding of the tuition fee/ certificate of the income of the parent.
- Medical Fitness Certificate to be signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format in original.
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- for seeking provisional admission only in case, the result of the qualifying examination is yet to be declared (in the format at Annexure-I).
- An undertaking regarding Anti-Ragging (Annexure-II)
- An undertaking regarding the refund of fee (Annexure-IV)
NIFT 2020 Participating Institutes
The institutes accepting marks of the NIFT 2020 exam are given below.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Kolkata
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Chennai
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Gandhinagar
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Kannur
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Bhopal
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Hyderabad
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Bengaluru
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Patna
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Raebareli
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Shillong
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Kangra
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Jodhpur
Important Links Area:
|NIFT Result 2020||Check Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|