Mysore University Admission 2020: The University of Mysore (UOM) offers a choice of UG, PG and Research programs in diverse disciplines. The admission procedure of Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) programs get underway in August and June, individually, every single year.
The students can apply for the courses through both, online along with the offline method. Admission to these courses is based on the marks scored in the entrance test conducted by the university or KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority).
Applicants should have a Bachelors degree or equivalent from a recognised university to take admissions for PG Diploma at Mysore University.
About Mysore University:
Mysore University is one of the oldest university in the state of Karnataka and the 6th oldest in India. The University of Mysore (UOM) was established in 1916 by the then Mysore King. Mysore University was the first in Karnataka to be outside the British control.
The University of Mysore is affiliated as a state university. It later become autonomous in the year 1956 after receiving recognition from the University Grants Commissions (UGC). The university now has 122 affiliated colleges and 5 constituent colleges.
Being one of the oldest universities, the University of Mysore is constantly accommodating the changes and demands of the education sector in the country. Mysore University offers online programs for students who cannot go for a regular degree program.
Post Graduate Courses
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science & Technology
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of education
Post Graduation Diploma Courses
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science & Technology
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Law
University of Mysore 2020 Important Dates
Students must check the important dates to apply for UG/PG Courses
|Registration start dates||1st week of July 2020|
|Last Date to submission date||3rd week of August 2020|
|Completion of verification of Application Forms||4th week of August 2020|
|Correction to be Completed by the chairperson||4th week of August 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Mysore, [UM] Mysore Admissions 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma
To get admissions for Diploma at the University of Mysore, Mysore candidate should have passed 10+2 from a recognised board.
|Diploma in High-Performance Computing||
B.Sc. graduate with Mathematics as one
of the major subject. Students pursuing post-graduation on a regular basis can also apply
|Diploma in Gandhian Studies||
Pre-University Course from a recognised university
|Diploma in Kannada||
Certificate Course in Kannada
|Diploma in Film Direction||
10 + 2 examinations recognized board or 10th standard with a Diploma in Dramatics of the University of Mysore
|Diploma in Hardware & Networking (DIHN)||10+2 or equivalent from a recognised board|
|Diploma in Multi-Media Production (DMP)|
|Diploma in Advanced Diploma in Information Technology (ADIT)|
Students should have a Bachelors degree or equivalent from a recognised university to take admissions for PG Diploma at Mysore University.
|PG Diploma in Counseling and Health Psychology||
MA / M.Sc in Psychology / MSW / MBA / MA Sociology / Human Development /M.Sc Nursing
/ M.Ed / M.Sc / Speech & Hearing / MA / M.Sc in Criminology / MA in Philosophy / MBBS, BAMS and other
related Medical Professionals (With minimum 50%
|PG Diploma in Food Quality and Safety||
Master’s Degree in Botany/Applied Botany/Biotechnology/Microbiology / Bio-Chemistry/Plant Science/Agriculture/Sericulture/Food and Nutrition / Bio-Science/ Life Science.
|PG Diploma in Gemology & Ornamental Stones||
B.Sc with any combination from a recognised university.
|PG Diploma in Organic Horticulture (DoS in Sericulture)||
Bachelor’s Degree in Science from a recognized university with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate at graduation
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Business Management
Candidates should have passed 10+2 from a recognised board to take a seat for Diploma at Mysore University.
|Diploma in Co-operative Management||Minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent (45% in case of SC/ST/Cat-I candidates)|
|Diploma in Decentralization of Planning & Panchayath Raj Institution|
|Diploma in Foreign Languages|
|Diploma in Human Development|
|Diploma in Industrial Relation|
|Diploma in Rural Reconstruction & Development Manuscriptology|
|Diploma in Arabic / Persian & Urdu||
Certificate Course in concerned subjects
|Diploma in Music||
SSLC from a recognised board
Bachelors degree from a recognised university is the eligibility condition for PG Diploma admissions at the University of Mysore.
|PG Diploma in Human Resource Management||Any Graduate or Postgraduate in relevant discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 45% aggregate and 40% in case of SC/ST/Cat-I.|
|PG Diploma in Marketing Management|
|PG Diploma in Retail & Supply Chain Management|
|PG Diploma in Tax Management|
|PG Diploma in Tourism Management|
|PG Diploma in Banking & Insurance Management|
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Humanity Arts
Students should have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% from a recognised board to take admissions for Diploma at Mysore University.
|Diploma in Tourism Management||Minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent from a recognised board|
|Diploma in Tax Management|
Students should have Bachelors degree from a recognised university to take admissions for PG Diploma at Mysore University.
|PG Diploma in Heritage Tourism & Travel Management||Graduation from Mysore University or any other
|PG Diploma in Museology||Any Degree from Mysore University or any other
45% of marks from a recognized university with at least
aggregate (40% for SC/ST/Cat-I candidates) in
|PG Diploma in Tourism & Heritage|
|PG Diploma in Translation (Hindi-English-Hindi)||
Bachelor Degree with Hindi / English as optional
subjects/Language from a recognised university
|PG Diploma in Babu Jagajivanram Studies||
Any graduate from Mysore University or other
University which is recognized and considered
equivalent to Mysore University
|PG Diploma in Sri D Devaraj Urs Studies on Backward Classes (IDS)|
|PG Diploma in Tribal Development|
|PG Diploma in Human Rights & Duties Education||
LLB Degree or BA in Political Science from Mysore University
or Degree from a recognized university.
|PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights and IT Law|
Eligibility Criteria for MA
To take admissions for Master of Arts at Mysore the University candidate needs to have the following eligibility.
- Applicant must be a graduate and must have obtained a minimum of 45% (40% in case of SC/ ST and Category-I candidates) of marks in Cognate/Optional subjects put together from all the years of the examinations of the course.
- For MA in English, students must have obtained a minimum of 50% for Gm/OBC, 45% for SC/ST/Category-1 candidates.
|MA in Ambedkar Studies||BA or equivalent bachelors degree with 45% marks in the relevant disciplines from a recognised university.|
|MA in Ancient History & Archaeology|
|MA in Anthropology|
|MA in Christianity|
|MA in Journalism & Mass
|MA in Comparative Literature & Translation
|MA in Co-operative Management|
|MA in Development Studies|
|MA in Economics|
|MA in English|
|MA in Folklore|
|MA in Hindi|
|MA in History|
|MA in Jainology &
|MA in Kannada|
|MA in Linguistics|
|MA in Philosophy|
|MA in Political Science|
|MA in Public Administration|
|MA in Peace and Conflict Resolution|
|MA in Rural
|MA in Sanskrit|
|MA in Sociology|
|MA in South Indian Studies|
|MA in Urdu|
|MA in West Asian Studies|
|MA in Women’s Studies|
Eligibility Criteria for MCA
- To take admissions for MCA programme at the University of Mysore, Mysore 2020 candidate should have completed BCA or B.Sc (IT / CS) with 45% marks.
- For reserved categories, it will be 40%
Eligibility Criteria for Other Courses.
BA LLB and B.Com LLB
PUC (10+2) with Minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST and 42% for OBC candidates) from a recognised board are eligible for BA LLB or B.Com LLB admissions at Mysore University.
B.Arch / B.Plan
10+2 with 45% marks in aggregate with Mathematics as the main subject is the eligibility criteria for B.Arch / B.Plan admissions at the University of Mysore, Mysore.
BL / LLB (3 years / 5 years) of the University of Mysore or from any other recognized University.
B.P.Ed (Bachelor of Physical Education)
Candidate should have completed graduation with 45% marks in aggregate from a recognised university.
Students seeking admissions for M.Sc at the University of Mysore should have completed B.Sc from a recognised university with a minimum of 45%.
|M.Sc in Anthropology||B.Sc with 45% marks in the relevant disciplines from a recognised university.|
|M.Sc in Applied Geology|
|M.Sc in Applied
|M.Sc in Biochemistry|
|M.Sc in Biotechnology|
|M.Sc in Botany|
|M.Sc in Chemistry|
|M.Sc in Environmental Science|
|M.Sc in Food Science &
|M.Sc in Genetics|
|M.Sc in Geography|
|M.Sc in Geology|
|M.Sc in Human
|M.Sc in Mathematics|
|M.Sc in Microbiology|
|M.Sc in Organic
|M.Sc in Physics|
|M.Sc in Psychology|
|M.Sc in Sericulture and Seri
|M.Sc in Statistics|
|M.Sc in Zoology|
|M.Sc in Geographical
Information System (GIS)
|M.Sc in Molecular Biology|
Applicants who want to take admissions for M.Tech at the University of Mysore, Mysore must have Bachelors degree from a recognised university.
|M.Tech in Materials Science||
B.Sc or BE / MBBS / B.Tech / B.Pharma / BDS from a recognised university
|M.Tech in Urban and Regional Planning||
Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering / Architecture / Physical Planning / AMIE Grade-IA/Master Degree in Geography / Economics / Sociology from a recognised university.
|M.Tech in Computer Cognition Technology||B.E. or B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering/ Information Science & Engineering/ Information Technology from recognised university.|
|M.Tech in Computer Science & Technology|
To get admissions for M.Phil at the University of Mysore candidate needs to have postgraduate in relevant discipline from a recognised university.
|M.Phil in Seed Technology||Master’s degree in Botany/Applied Botany/Biotechnology/Microbiology/Biochemistry/Plant
Science/Agriculture from a recognised university.
|M.Phil in Botany||M.Sc. Botany/M.Sc. Applied Botany / M.Sc. plant
Science or equivalent degree of any other University
|M.Phil in Computer Science||Postgraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
examination with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognised university.
|M.Phil in Christianity||A minimum of 55% marks in MA from a recognised university.|
|M.Phil in Kannada||Postgraduate degree in Kannada of Mysore University or
any other recognized University with a min of 55%
marks in aggregate
|M.Phil in Economics||Master’s Degree in Economics/ Statistics/ Mathematics with a minimum of 55% from a recognised university.|
Admission Procedure 2019-2020
- Students can download their application form from the official website of the University of Mysore.
- Filled application form along with the fee of application should be sent to “Director, Directorate of Distance Education, National Centre for History of Science Building, Manasagangothri, Mysuru– 570006”
- The application fee can be paid by DD drawn in favour of “Finance Officer, University of Mysore, Mysuru”
- Application should be sent with self-attested photocopies of the necessary documents. The documents will be verified before the university accepts the application. Candidate should also include 3 Passport size and 2 stamp size photos.
- Once the university accepts the application, students can pay the course fee to general revenue account number 54007591471 before the deadline.
- On submission of course fees, the candidate should enrol for the relevant course at the office of the Director, Directorate of Distance Education.
- Candidates can also apply for the course online. In this case, they need to send following documents to the university Filled application form DD of Rs.400 for application fee Self-attested copies of the documents A separate DD for the course fee. The online application is available on the university website – http://dde.uni-mysore.ac.in/sites/default/files/application201902.pdf
- In the case of the online application, candidates are given provisional admission. The admission will be confirmed once the document is verified. Candidates need to show original documents at the time of the personal contact program.
- Students belonging to SC/ST community need to first enrol themselves online on the government Website. They can also get provisional admission by paying Rs.1000/-. If the candidate fails to enrol on the government portal, they will need to pay the full course fee. Such candidates should send their caste/community certificate along with application form.
NOTE- Filling up of application form and its submission does not guarantee admission.
- The university’s learning portal provides the students with various ebooks to study for the courses.
- Students can take up more than one course at a time. There is no limitation of courses that can be studied at a time.
List of Documents to be sent with the application form
Candidates should send self-attested copies of following documents with the application form. They should also show original copies of these documents for verification process –
- S.S.L.C marks card
- P.U.C marks card
- Degree certificate (for Master Program)
- Caste / Category / Income certificate
- Aadhar card
- Transfer Certificate original copy
- 3 Passport size and 2 stamp size photos
The fee for distance education Under Graduate (UG) Courses is Rs.18,200 – 29,050. The fee for distance PG Courses is Rs.22,300-30,000/-.
|Course Name||Total Course Fee|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||Rs.19,450/-|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)||Rs.18,200/-|
|B.Sc. (Information Technology)||Rs.29,050/-|
|Master of Arts MA||Rs.22,550/-|
|Master of Commerce (M.Com)||Rs.22,300/-|
|Master of Science in Information Technology (M.Sc IT)||Rs.30,000/-|
Fees can be paid either by DD in favour of the University.
Directorate of Distance Education,
National Centre for History of Science Building,
Manasagangothri, Mysuru –570006
Email ID: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +91 9250018018, 1800-1027-018
Helpline: 0821 – 2419531 / 451
- State & Central Govt. have been awarding a number of scholarships to meritorious and deserving students.
- Special scholarships are available for children of defence personnel, political sufferers and physically challenged.
- Economically weaker students have the benefit of free studentship.
- The University of Mysore offers scholarships to SC/ST students. The candidates have to submit community/caste certificate and contact the SC/ST cell of the University to avail the scholarship.
- University maintains seven Men’s hostel and four women’s hostel.
- Hostel facility is not guaranteed to all the students.
- Students pursue Certificate/Diploma courses are not eligible for hostel facility.