Here we will discuss all about JEE Advance 2020 such as JEE Advance 2020 Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Application form, Application process, Reservation, Exam Pattern, JEE Advance 2020 Syllabus, Admit card, Exam Centres, Cut off, marks, JEE Advance 2020 exam result, Important dates, Counselling, JEE Advance 2020 Participating Colleges list and much more…
Joint Entrance Examination Advance (JEE- Advanced) is an annually occurring academic examination that is organised by one of the seven IITs under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB) solely for the admissions of students in the Indian Institutes of Technology. Some other institutes like Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs), and the Indian Institute of Science also consider the scores obtained by the candidates in JEE Advance.
Those candidates who qualify the Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE- Main) are eligible to apply for the examination of JEE Advance.
JEE Advance 2020
This examination is a key to get enrolled in Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s, or Bachelor Master Dual Degree Courses. The candidate can apply for the examination for two consecutive years with his 12th passing in the previous year. The rate of qualification in JEE Advance is quite low (1.95% in 2012, 0.92% in 2017).Earlier, JEE (Advance) was referred to as IIT-JEE, but was renamed in 2013.
In this article, we will be discussing about all the details regarding JEE Advance 2020. The article comprises of the important dates, examination pattern, syllabus, application form, results, etc.
JEE Advance Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility to appear in JEE Advance
- The candidate must have qualified the JEE-Main paper-1
- Age limit: General candidate must be less than 25 years of age (SC, ST and PwD candidates are given extra 5 years relaxation).
- Attempt- Candidate must not anyone already admitted in any of the IITs.
JEE Advance Fee for Application form
Application Fee for Examination Centers in India
|SC, ST, PWD Candidates||Rs.1200|
|All other candidates||Rs.2400|
|Exam Centres in Foreign countries|
|All Candidates||USD 135|
|Late fee||USD 80|
JEE Advance Important Dates
|Filling of Application form||1st May- 6th May 2020|
|Fee payment||7th May 2020|
|Hall ticket release||12th – 17th May 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Date||May 2020|
|Answer key release||27th May 2020|
|Result declaration||8th June 2020|
NOTE – The above mentioned dates may vary or be delayed by the governing bodies due to the global Coronavirus pandemic.
JEE Advance Application Form
Candidates must have to register themselves for the JEE Advance exam by filling up the application form that will be available only by online mode. Candidates will be required to fill-up their details in the form. As the body doesn’t allow or provides any correction time for the details once filled up in the application form, hence it is very much necessary to fill-up every detail correctly and carefully.
The application form will be available online from 1st May, 2020 to 6th May, 2020.
Also, the candidates need to submit or upload some documents while registering themselves.
Here’s the list of documents that are required while filling of JEE Advance application form
1) 10th certificate (for Date of Birth verification)
2) Birth certificate (if it is not mentioned in 10th certificate)
3) 12th or equivalent examination certificate
4) Category Certificate (If SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL)
5) PWD certificate (if necessary)
6) PIO/ OCI certificate (if applicable), etc.
Candidates also need to pay the application fee as mentioned in the above table.
JEE Advance 2020 Syllabus
|General||Organic chemistry||Integral calculus|
|Electricity & Magnetics||Inorganic chemistry||Analytical geometry|
Detailed syllabus can be obtained from the given link: JEE ADVANCE 2020 SYLLABUS
JEE Advance Exam Pattern
JEE Advance 2020 is an online based examination that is, computer based exam. The exam consists of 2 compulsory papers of each having 3 hours of duration. There is no fixed format or pattern of the examination by the IITs. The JEE Advanced questions paper comprises of multiple choice questions (MCQs) along with numerical questions.
JEE ADVANCE 2020 Marching scheme
The JEE Advance exam has a unique marking scheme that contains full, zero and also partial marks.
Section Question type Marks awarded Negative Marking
1 Single correct answer 3 -1
2 1 or more correct answer 4 -1
3 Numerical Value Answer Based Question 3 0
Paper-2 also consists of 10 sets of questions and the marking scheme followed is as follows:
Section Question type Marks awarded Negative Marking
1 1 or more correct options 4 -1
2 Numerical Value Based Answer 3 0
3 List Match Sets 3 -1
JEE Advance 2020 Admit Card
Release of JEE Advance 2020 has been delayed by IIT Delhi due to worldwide outbreak COVID’19. The admit card will contain all the necessary details and identification of the candidate. The admit card comprises of information like venue details, examination timings, etc. The admit card will be made available to download via online mode from the official website of JEE Advance that is https://jeeadv.ac.in.
|JEE Advanced admit card 2020 availability||To be announced|
|Last date to download admit card||To be announced|
|JEE Advanced 2020 examination||To be announced|
JEE Advance 2020 Exam Centres
The JEE Advance examination is conducted by seven zonal IITs on rotational basis, hence this year, it will be organised by IIT- Delhi. The examination is also conducted in abroad for foreign residents with almost 5 countries (including USA this year). The seven zonal IITs are: IIT Bombay Zone, IIT Delhi Zone, IIT Guwahati Zone, IIT Kanpur Zone, IIT Kharagpur Zone, IIT Madras Zone and IIT Roorkee Zone. IIT, Delhi who will beconducting the examination this year has added 16 new cities as JEE Advance examination centers and has eliminated 4 of its pre-existing centers.
As far as JEE Advance examination centers overseas are considered, this year only 4 of the centers instead of 6 as there where in previous years. The complete address of the location of the examination center of each and every candidate will be presented in the admit card of the candidate.
- Following are the 16 new cities as JEE Advance examination centres added in India:
- IIT Bombay Zone – Belgavi (Belgaum), Hubballi (Hubli) and Shimoga
- IIT Guwahati Zone – Dimapur
- IIT Kanpur Zone – Ujjain
- IIT Kharagpur Zone – Sambalpur and Kolkata (North-South Zone)
- IIT Madras Zone – Bhimavaram, Chirala, Kadapa, Tadepalligudem, Vellore and Kodad
- IIT Roorkee Zone – Karnal, Yamunanagar and Muzaffarnagar
- 4 exam centres eliminated: Ambala, Panipat, Madgaon and Faizabad
- 2 examination centres overseas removed are: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) and Colombo (Sri Lanka)
JEE Advance Cut Off
JEE Advance Cut-off mark is simply that mark that a candidate must need to score in order to get eligible for the counselling or admission process. There is no fixed cut-off mark for every year. The cut-off varies every year with varying question patterns and difficulty levels of the examination. Also, cut-off depends on the number of students that appeared for the examination in total in all examination centres.
Here, we provide you with JEE Advance cutoff marks of different IITs in India that will make it easier for you to choose the best suited college for you and as per that, you may prepare.
JEE ADVANCE 2020 RESULTS/ COUNSELLING
The IIT, Delhi will announce the date of release of JEE Advance 2020 results. The results will be published on the official website of JEE Advance 2020. The candidates will be able to check their results using their email-ID and registration number as provided by the governing body.
|JEE Advanced 2020 exam||May 17, 2020 (Postponed)|
|Announcement of result||To be announced|
|Availability of JEE Advanced 2020 rank card||To be announced|
|Start of Registration for JEE Advanced counselling 2020 (JoSAA 2020)||To be announced|
Participating Colleges In JEE Advance 2020
By appearing and qualifying in JEE Advance, the candidates will be eligible to get admissions in IITs and other colleges who consider the scores obtained in JEE Advance as the sole criteria for admission.
Indian Institutes of Technology
- Indian Institute of Technology (BHU)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology Indore
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology Mandi
- Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad
- Indian Institute of Technology Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropa
- Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati
- Indian Institute of Technology Chhattisgarh
- Indian Institute of Technology Goa
- Indian Institute of Technology Jammu
- Indian Institute of Technology Karnataka
- Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School Of Mines ), Dhanbad
Institutes Accepting JEE Advanced Score
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE), Visakhapatnam
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy, Visakhapatnam
Every engineering aspirant dreams of cracking JEE Advance and get admission in the best in class IITs. So, here we gave you all an insight of all the important things that should be in mind so that, nothing is missed from the view and you all may achieve your goals without any hardships. All you should be doing is to work smarter not harder and noting will be difficult.
These are the JEE Advance 2020 such as JEE Advance 2020 Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Application form, Application process, Reservation, Exam Pattern, JEE Advance 2020 Syllabus, Admit card, Exam Centers, Cut off, marks, JEE Advance 2020 exam result, Important dates, Counselling, JEE Advance 2020 Participating Colleges list. If you have any query and suggestions regard JEE Advance 2020 than please write use in comment box…
We wish you all good luck for your forth coming exams.